Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
Cooking risotto is a stress for many as it requires constant stirring and attention- NOT ANYMORE thanks to Mycook. It is now the perfect cheesy winter dinner meal. This easy pumpkin & spinach risotto recipe will warm all tummy’s and is ideal for a main meal for 4-6 people. It can also be an excellent entrée side when entertaining large groups.
Name of Dish: Pumpkin and Spinach Risotto
Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- Half a pumpkin (dice into small 2cm cubes)
- 125gm Spinach leaves
- 300gm Arborio Rice
- Half an onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 L Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 50gm Parmesan Cheese
- 20gm Butter
- 50g Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Saffron
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Handful of Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto instructions:
- Place onion, garlic, herbs and spices into Mycook bowl and chop for 2-3 seconds on speed 7. (Ensure you scrape sides of bowl once complete)
- Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed one (keep lid off)
- Insert butterfly attachment and add rice to the bowl.
- Cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse and soft speed.
- Add chicken (or vegetable) stock and half of the diced pumpkin into the bowl.
- Place the rest of the pumpkin in the ‘Mycook Steamer’ tray placing the spinach ontop.
- Cook for 20-25mins at 100 degrees reverse and soft speed. NOTE: Don’t remove the steamer while cooking.
- Once finished remove the risotto from the bowl, stir in half of the parmesan and butter.
- Add the pumpkin and spinach from the steaming tray and taste with salt and pepper
- Allow risotto to sit in a serving bowl for 10minutes or so before serving with a sprinkle of parmesan and/ or parsley
TIP: Don’t be afraid to try other ingredients as well. Mushroom, pea, chicken- there really are endless recipes to try.
- Hoss Esmaeilzadeh