Orange Cream Crepes
Typically, crepes are a hot favourite at breakfast time. However, this delicious recipe produces elegant crepes that will make an impressive dessert for any dinner party.
TIP: Get adventurous with your choice of fruit. Thinly sliced strawberries or sautéed banana are always popular. MyCook Professional sauté function allows you to preserve texture, moisture and flavour. Learn More.
- 3 Oranges
- 500grams Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 250grams pain flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200g Whipping Cream
Instructions for the cream:
- Connect Butterfly accessory into MyCook Jar
- Pour 200g whipping cream into the jar and whip for 5-40 seconds at speed 3, or until the desired consistency is achieved.
NOTE: Whipping time will vary according to the quantity and freshness of the cream.
Instructions for the Crepes:
- Place milk and eggs in MyCook Jar and mix 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Add flour, sugar and salt and mix 30 seconds on speed 6.
- Add melted butter and vanilla essence and mix 5 seconds on speed 3.
- Pour into large bowl and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat and coat with butter.
- Pour one cup of mixture into pan. Lift the pan off the heat and swirl the mixture coating the bottom of the pan to form a nice thin circular crepe. Then return to heat.
- Decorate your Crepes with whipped
Best served warm.
TIP: Kids love crepe logs! Simply roll your crepe into a tube and enjoy plain or stuffed with cream and orange slices.
TIP 2: Try the French way and impress your guests with Crêpes Suzette. Replace the cream with a sauce of caramelized sugar and butter and Grand Marnier, prepared in a tableside performance, flambé.
- Tags: Breakfast
- Hoss Esmaeilzadeh